Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What a Difference a Verb Makes...

Let me start off by saying that the title of this blog was thought up by Chris. He deserves credit for this because it is rare (and I am being generous by even saying it is rare) that he makes any kind of statement about grammar. Unless, of course, he is talking about how he quit writing me love notes because I always returned them with corrections. This is not true. I am sure, however, that if I had ever received a love note from him there would have been corrections to make. But I digress.
Maddie, at present, seems to be the resident ham at our house. She frequently says funny things and acts inappropriately almost all the time. I guess that is the joy of being four. I fail to believe that anyone would think it was cute if I lifted my dress so that all you could see was my underwear and pink boots. Maddie, however, garners fans with such antics.
Last night Chris summoned the girls to the family room because he knew that they were in Jameson's room when they should not be. Once Maddie finally made it to the family room, Chris inquired, "Where are you?" I immediately knew that he would not get the answer he wanted. Maddie looked around the room, her face reading something like, is this a trick question? She finally answered, "I'm right here." I admit it, I laughed...hard. Chris, with all of his government agent skills followed his first question with, "Well, where did you just come from?" To this question he got the answer, "I don't know. I guess the hallway." If possible, I laughed even harder. Difficult to quell the honestly of a child. :)
We are enjoying our last week of break here in Rome. Tomorrow is epiphany, which is a national holiday here. Chris does not work and the schools wait to reopen until it has passed. There is also a tradition, La Befana, where an old lady character from Italian folklore brings presents to children on Epiphany Eve. I have two days of inservice on Thursday and Friday, but school begins again on Monday.
Bring it on!!!
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. What a great story!! Maddie sounds like a handful and a half right now! I hope that the transition back to school goes smoothly and you all stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete