Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Look Out Vidal Sassoon

I guess that Chris and I had kind of come to grips with the fact that Katie just might want to ride horses, well, forever. It seems, perhaps, that that assumption might have been incorrect.
I will admit that the email I received yesterday afternoon, while detailing the reasons my eldest daughter was sent to see Sister Paulita (never a good thing for an elementary school student at Marymount), also made me laugh. I was not happy that she had to be reprimanded and miss a recess, but I was glad that the reasons for such a reprimand were such that I was not upset with her or disappointed in her.
I guess that while sitting at the arts table yesterday at school, while her teacher was reading with some other students, Katie decided to cut a little of her hair. She cut about 1.5 inches off (which she also taped to a piece of blue construction paper with about 20 pieces of Scotch tape). This prompted a boy in her class to tell her that he would not be her friend unless she also cut his hair. So she did. My understanding is that she gave his bangs a trim. His mom said later that she did a pretty good job and Katie, herself, told me that he looked better - but what is that worth????? Needless to say, her teacher spotted the chopped hair and both kids were sent to Sister Paulita's. Katie was devastated, but she is over it now.
And I have a really nice, really well preserved piece of her 6 year old hair, as her teacher sent home the evidence.
Buona giornata!

2 comments:

  1. So, are you saying that an accomplished horsewoman (is that the right term?) can't also be a talented hairdresser???

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great story! And you are right...getting in trouble for something like this is the best kind of trouble. She just wanted to be the little boy's friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete