Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Soundtrack of My Life

Sometimes I feel that the best part of a movie is the soundtrack. It is that little slice of memory that is triggered by a song that is sometimes the most powerful. Who can't whistle along with the tune from "The Bridge on the River Kwai," feel the anticipation and excitement of the Harry Potter music, or sense the impending dread of the two notes that signal "Jaws?" I often think that I only like a movie because of how the music makes me feel.
Which makes one ponder what the soundtrack to their own life might be. Would it be pensive and inspirational, like "Chariots of Fire?" Would it be fast and heavy handed like something from an action film? Would it be similar to the swells of music that accompany a biopic about an historical figure.
As much as I would like for my soundtrack to include great artists, I think that it would run more along the lines of popular kids' artists. I mean, all I hear in the car anymore is High School Musical, Beethoven's Wig, collections of kids' songs, or the sountrack from Spirit (horse movie - imagine that!) Ahhhhh, such is parenthood.
Bingo was his name oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment