Today, in what I am guessing was an effort to express an interest in "The West," Katie told me that she wanted to learn about the olden times, are you ready.........like the 1950s. Back when people didn't have electricity or ovens or microwaves or food! When I told her that her grandparents could give her a lot of information about the 1950s because they were alive then she was aghast. "They didn't have food!?!" I think she was equally mortified to find out that I could remember when microwaves started showing up in homes. Ahhhhhhh youth! Do you think that she would ever believe that the first computers used to take up an entire room?
If any of you have any colorful anecdotes about those days with no food or electricity, please pass them on. :)
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment