Chris decided that Jameson needed a hair cut. In all honesty, he did. I was out of the house and came home to a very shorn little boy. I must say, however, that he looks pretty cute. And much too old. My baby is growing up too fast. While I do not want to go through the exhaustion of an infant again, I want to savor every last moment of his infancy. Bittersweet.
Well, Thanksgiving greeted us with sickness again this year, just like last. While Jameson and Maddie are finally feeling better (knock on wood), Katie is now going on day 8 of a fever. She did 3 days of Tamiflu, with no positive response. They switched her to antibiotics, as they felt that it had crossed the lines to a bacterial infection. She is on day 2 of zithromax and I am ready for the fever to break. It has been so long (November 5) since all 3 kids were at school. We are hoping it breaks today.
Jameson's latest round of blood results show that his liver levels are finally going down. Our doc here is still trying to figure out exactly what happened with him and is running some viral testing on his blood. She is also doing some allergy testing and a test for celiac disease, I think. Hopefully we'll know something soon. We are having him tested for allergies since Katie has a nut allergy and seasonal allergies.
We had a nice Thanksgiving here. We ate chicken, potatoes, stuffing, green beans, corn and strawberry cake. All in all, quite nice. Today the kids are enjoying a Disney Movie Marathon on Armed Forces Network (the military TV station) - Wall-E, Bolt, and High School Musicals 1, 2, &3. Chris is headed to Tuscany today for a weekend golf tournament. I have two weeks of grading to do and final exams to start writing. It never seems to end.
While November has been a looooooooooooooong month for us, we have much to be thankful for. It is a blessing that Jameson is okay and out of the hospital. A guardian angel was certainly watching over him. We hope you are all as blessed. Much love, M.
Oh my goodness! The haircut really does make Jameson look older! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteI certainly hope that Katie's fever breaks and she feels better soon (and that the rest of you stay healthy!).
Interesting they are testing him for celiac. I didn't know celiac could cause such dramatic changes in blood sugar, etc. I was fortunate never to have any of that. Keep us posted!