All right, for the first time in this blog's history, I am looking for a little input. I hope you all can give me some advice.
This Wednesday Katie had an allergic reaction to a cashew. I don't think that she had ever eaten cashews, but about a minute after eating two she told me her throat hurt and she started getting hives on her face. Luckily a dose of Benadryl (something all families should have in their medicine cabinets, if you ask me) and some topical hydrocortisone took away her symptoms. That being said, we are currently in a no nut holding pattern. Having been told that a nut allergy can show up at any time, we have to assume, until testing has been done, that she is now allergic to all nuts...including peanuts.
And that brings me to the advice that I am soliciting from all of you. I am searching for "nut-free" snack and food alternatives to have in the house from now on - at least until we know the extent of her allergies. Many of you know that lots of unassuming foods contain nuts or are exposed to nuts and many of you know, or are, families that have members who have such allergies. I am hoping that you might be able to provide me with some products or companies that are sensitive to this issue.
Thanks so much in advance. Hope you all are having a nice Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment