Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bon Voyage!







Almost every single day of the year I do not envy my husband and his job. I do not wish it was me getting up and putting business attire on every morning, heading off to a job where I have to be be nice to and professional with others, especially those in foreign countries. Let's be honest, I enjoy that I can be at the house in pajama pants all day if I want, donning jeans only to meet Katie's bus in the afternoon. Let's be even more honest and admit that I may not be the best at being nice to, let alone professional with, foreign counterparts. :)




However, recent events have me feeling a little different. Chris' travels, especially since we moved to Rome, have taken him to some pretty interesting places. He has also been to some places that are not high on my list of travel destinations. For instance, I have nothing against Albania, but have no desire to visit. I also have no burning urge to vacay in El Salvador. I do however want to go back to Paris, which is where he is going this next week. I will miss the opportunity to break out my rusty high school French (Ou est la tour Eiffel? Comment ca-va? Voulez vous couchez avec moi c'est soir? - well, maybe not the last one...). I will miss the opportunity to marvel at the interior of the Saint Chapelle. I will miss the opportunity to gaze at "Tristesse du Roi" by Matisse at the Pompidou. Most of all it means that I will be at home with the kids (not a bad thing), with their runny noses, their laundry, and my bothersome sinus infection (bad things).




Perhaps I should find my own reason to take a business trip to Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment