Friday, March 20, 2009

I Always Knew (Feared) They Were There...

Those of you who have known me, in some cases all of my life, know that I had very blonde hair as a child. This hair has gotten progressively darker as I've aged, but was still pretty blonde when I was in college - probably mainly due to the amount of time I spent outside. That being said, I found the need to "assist" my hair and its pursuit of golden hues around age 21. So began the endless process of highlighting.
I had been quite good maintaining the color (well, there were roots at times) until about 2 years ago when I decided that I wanted to take a break and see what my actual hair color is at this point in my life. As I suspected it is dull ashy brown. I have no problem with having brown hair, but mine is lifeless on its own. I would love to hair the color of either of my siblings; Brent's is very dark, almost black, and Shelly's has always had these nice carmel colored streaks. Mine is just blah.
So I decided to get highlights again after Jameson was born. I have to say that I have not been very good at maintaining it and was inspecting it in the glare of natural light yesterday morning when it noticed it...a long grey hair. Now, Chris has had some grey hairs for several years now and I knew that I must have some, too, but, WOW, it was just shining and producing a glare and kind of waving at me. It kind of takes your breath away, and not in a good, "I'm so excited" way. Such is life, I guess.
Well, I am happy to say that I am not vain, I am not bothered by this hair, and I know I will grow old gracefully. That being said, can anyone recommed a good home coloring brand? :)
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Some of us don't mind the color of our hair. We're just glad we have it!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete